January 21, 2019

welcomeThe Kern County Engineering, Surveying & Permit Services Department is a service organization that facilitates land development for Kern County. 

The Engineering, Surveying and Permit Services Department (ESPS) was established as a component department of the Development Serivces Agency during the 1991-92 fiscal year by action of the Board of Supervisors. On September 5, 1992, the Building Inspection function was also transferred to the department from the Planning Department. On July 1, 1994, the County Service Area function was transferred from the Waste Management Department.

  • JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 43



Greg Fenton, PE, CBO

Public Services Building
2700 "M" Street., Suite 570 
Bake... Go to Full Article

Engineering Frequently Asked Questions

Building Inspection & Permit Frequently Asked Questions

Surveying Frequently Asked Questions

Page 2 of 4

Frequently Asked Questions

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Prev Next

What is a Parcel Map?

A Parcel Map shows the subdivision of land into Parcels for sale and is recorded in the County Recorder's Offi...

What is a Record of Survey?

A Record of Survey Map shows survey activity, performed by private surveyors, and is recorded in the County Re...

What is a Tract Map?

A Tract Map shows the subdivision of land into Lots for sale and is recorded in the County Recorder's Office.


Public Services Building
2700 M Street, Suite 570
Bakersfield, CA 93301-2370

Phone: 661-862-5100 
FAX: 661-862-5101 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.